CONNECTICUTUber Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Taking On Rideshare Accident Claims in
Rideshare companies like Uber have changed how people get around Connecticut. Where you once needed to take a taxi or bus, you can use an app to request a clean car to pull up directly to you. You can even pay without needing to exchange cash. Launched in 2009, Uber now has about 1.5 million drivers in the United States, all using their own vehicles to shuttle customers to their destinations. Other rideshare companies like Lyft have also grown in popularity using a similar business model.
Unfortunately, Ubers and Lyfts get into accidents like any other motor vehicle. And passengers can suffer serious injuries as a result of the crash. If you’ve been hurt, please call Tehrani Law Group today. Our Connecticut Uber accident attorney will discuss your legal options in a free consultation.
Commonly Seen Uber Accident Injuries in Connecticut
Passengers in an Uber suffer all the same injuries that any motorist might suffer in a traumatic accident, including:
- Facial injuries
- Head injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Compressed nerves
- Chest contusions
- Back injuries
- Spinal column injuries
Ideally, you should have worn a seatbelt while in the car. Studies show that seat belts reduce serious injuries by 50% and fatalities by an even greater percentage. What’s more, Connecticut now requires that all adult passengers wear a seat belt, even if they are sitting in the back seat.
How Do I Obtain Compensation for an Uber Accident?
The compensation you receive will depend on many factors such as:
- Who caused the accident? Was it an Uber driver? Was it a different motorist? Was it a road defect or hazard?
- Were you a passenger in the Uber or driving another car struck by an Uber?
- Did you or another passenger contribute to the accident by driving or acting negligently?
- Did the Uber driver have a customer in the car at the time of the accident?
Many of our clients were passengers in the Uber when it got into a crash. If so, you can make a claim on the insurance of the driver who caused the wreck. This might be your Uber driver or a different motorist on the road who struck you.
Connecticut requires that motorists carry a minimum of $25,000 in bodily injury insurance, up to $50,000 per accident. Helpfully, Uber and Lyft also have insurance policies which will cover uncompensated losses.
Things are more complicated if you are a motorist or pedestrian hit by an Uber driver. The amount of insurance depends on whether the driver was logged into the app and had a passenger:
- If the driver wasn’t even logged into the Uber app, then you make a claim on their personal insurance.
- If the driver was logged in and available to accept rides, then $50,000 in bodily injury liability or death per person is available, up to $100,000 per accident. An additional $25,000 is available for property damage.
- If the driver had accepted a ride or had a passenger in the Uber, then up to $1 million is available.
As you can see, much more insurance is available at different phases than in others. We advise victims of Uber and Lyft accidents to not take the initial settlement offer and to work with our firm.
Our lawyers will analyze the case to see who was responsible for the wreck, what factors are involved with the claim, and negotiate maximum settlements for your claim. Insurance companies often want to offer the lowest settlement amount possible to close the claim and move on. They often will contact the victims quickly following the accident with an offer. Keep their offer in mind when you contact our Uber accident attorney in Connecticut.
Steps to Take Following an Uber Accident
We recommend the following steps to take to improve the chances of recovery, as well as your odds of receiving a settlement:
- Report the accident to the police. If you need an ambulance, request that as well. Oftentimes, ambulances will go to the scene of an accident and will offer medical treatment. It’s important that you take advantage of this opportunity to be checked directly following the collision.
- Take photographs of the collision. This is helpful even if you’re a passenger in the Uber or Lyft. Fault matters for purposes of your accident claim, too, so get a picture of all sides of the cars involved. It also helps to get a picture of the vehicles license plates, makes and models, those driving, their passengers, street names, and intersections to ensure no information is misinterpreted or reported incorrectly.
- Get information from all drivers, including name and insurance information. If the other driver involved is trying to leave the scene in a hurry, getting a photo of their license plate and car’s make and model can sometimes be enough to track back who owns the vehicle and from there, what their insurance information is.
- Speak with witnesses and ask what they saw. You can also ask for their name and contact information in case you need to reach them later. Witness statements can be vital in building a strong case due to those involved in the accident being overwhelmed. Witnesses can provide calm, unbiased opinions about the incident.
- Go to the hospital to have your injuries treated. Remember to follow your doctor’s treatment plan. Receiving medical treatment on the scene and at the hospital helps ensure injuries that may surface later are treated properly. Easily noticeable injuries such as cuts, lacerations, bruising, and compound fractures can be treated quickly. While, traumatic brain injuries, whiplash, and neck and back injuries may surface after the adrenaline wears off.
- Do not give a recorded statement to any insurance adjuster. Instead, you can talk later when you hire an attorney to represent you.
We understand that most, if not all, cases will differ. However, based on our years of experience, we are confident that victims who follow these steps are better prepared for settlement negotiations.
Discuss Your Case With Our Connecticut Uber Accident Lawyer
Tehrani Law Group is an established law firm in Connecticut which can tackle any rideshare accident claim. Our team is here to help clients investigate a wreck, collect evidence, and drive a hard bargain for reasonable compensation. We understand the complexities of rideshare claims and simplify them. If you have any questions, please contact us today to set up a consultation.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible