East HamptonCar Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Our Firm Handles Car Accident Claims in East Hampton
The Connecticut Department of Transportation reports that there is an average of 111,776 motor vehicle wrecks reported in the state each year. Collectively, these crashes result in 36,793 injuries. All communities are affected by the risk of motor vehicle collisions, including East Hampton. The town center has a quaint New England feel with historic buildings, local shops, and restaurants. It is home to many notable events, including the annual Old Home Days celebration.
Car Wrecks Can Lead to Serious Injuries
Hurt in a car wreck? You need to seek immediate medical attention. As many automobile accident injuries arise with a delayed onset, it is crucial that you see a doctor right away after a crash in East Hampton. Some of the most common car crash injuries include:
- Sprains and strains;
- Back injuries;
- Broken bones;
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage;
- Spinal cord damage; and
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Collisions in East Hampton
Even the safest and most attentive of drivers in East Hampton may still end up in a serious crash. The overwhelming majority of crashes happen because of negligence—meaning one or more parties failed to take due care. Some common reasons why car crashes occur in East Hampton include:
- Distracted Driving or Driver Inattention: Distracted driving is dangerous driving. Engaging in activities such as texting, consuming food, or fiddling with the radio can divert a driver’s focus and vision from the road, resulting in accidents.
- Speeding: Driving beyond the posted speed limit or too fast for existing road conditions heightens the chance of collisions and increases the severity of the damage.
- Intoxicated Driving (DUIs): Alcohol and drugs compromise a driver’s concentration, reflexes, and decision-making capabilities, leading to accidents.
- Irresponsible Driving: Hazardous behaviors like tailgating, erratic lane changes, and failure to use turn signals can provoke accidents.
- Disobeying Traffic Signals/Signs: Neglecting to follow traffic signals, such as red lights and stop signs, can result in dangerous collisions.
- Vehicle Failure and/or Equipment Failure: Malfunctioning brakes, worn-out tires, or other mechanical issues can lead to loss of control and accidents.
- Substandard Road Conditions: Factors like potholes, debris, and poorly designed roads can play a role in causing accidents.
Understanding Car Accident Laws and Liability in Connecticut
When a car accident happens in East Hampton, the claim will be handled in accordance with Connecticut state law. Victims need to know their rights and responsibilities. Here are some of the most essential things to know about the car accident laws that apply to crashes in East Hampton:
- You Should Report a Collision to the Police: Every crash that results in a physical injury or serious property damage should be reported. After a collision, contact the East Hampton Police Department or another local or state law enforcement agency.
- Liability for a Crash is Based on Fault: Connecticut is an at-fault car crash state. To hold any other party legally responsible for a car accident—another driver, truck company, city, manufacturing company, tire manufacturer, etc—you must prove that their negligence contributed to the cause or severity of the crash.
- Connecticut Uses Comparative Negligence: Connecticut uses comparative fault for motor vehicle accident claims (CT Gen Stat § 52-572(h)). You can still recover financial compensation if you were partially at fault for your own crash in East Hampton—but your settlement or verdict will be reduced based on your degree of fault.
- A Two-Year Statute of Limitations: You do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a personal injury claim after a crash. Under Connecticut law (CT Gen Stat § 52-284), car accident injury lawsuits are subject to a two-year statute of limitations. There are very few exceptions. Speak to an East Hampton car crash lawyer as soon as possible after a collision.
We Help Injured Victims in East Hampton Maximize their Settlement or Verdict
Following a car crash in East Hampton, it is imperative that you are able to secure the full and fair financial compensation that you need to pay bills and cover your damages. Unfortunately, insurers invariably try to resolve claims for less. Our East Hampton car accident lawyer fights tirelessly to help injured victims secure the maximum compensation for their economic and intangible damages. You may be entitled to recover money damages for the following types of losses:
- Property damage (vehicle repairs);
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical costs;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering & emotional distress;
- Disability or disfigurement; and
- Wrongful death damages.
Our Firm Takes on All Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Claims in East Hampton
Personal injury claims are complicated. You do not have to take on the process alone. At Tehrani Law Group, LLC, we have deep experience handling the full range of motor vehicle accident claims. Along with other types of crashes our East Hampton attorney handle:
- Car crashes;
- Commercial truck accidents;
- Bus accidents;
- Motorcycle crashes;
- Pedestrian collisions;
- Bicycle accidents;
- DUI accidents; and
- Uber & Lyft accident claims.
Beyond motor vehicle accidents, we represent victims and families in other types of personal injury claims in East Hampton, including dog bite injuries, negligent security claims, premises liability, and wrongful death lawsuits.
Contact Our East Hampton, CT Auto Accident Attorney Today
At Tehrani Law Group, LLC, our East Hampton car crash lawyer is standing by, ready to fight for your legal rights. If you or someone close to you was hurt in a motor vehicle collision, we are here as a legal resource. Contact us at (860) 362-2549 for a free, completely confidential consultation. Our firm handles car accident injury claims in East Hampton and throughout the wider region, including in Marlborough, Glastonbury, East Haddam, Middletown, Rocky Hill, and Colchester.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible