Hartford Car Accident Lawyer
Handling Car Accident Claims and Lawsuits in Hartford
Car accidents range from minor taps on the bumper to major collisions causing dozens of cars to pile up on the highway. At Tehrani Law Group, we can help anyone who suffers personal injuries in a car wreck. Our Hartford car accident lawyer is skilled at investigating who caused the crash and holding liable parties responsible.
This is a stressful time for car accident victims and their families. Although you might be tempted to handle your own insurance claim, we recommend reaching out to our firm instead. Our Hartford car accident lawyer can quickly analyze your legal rights and determine whether you can seek fair compensation. If hired, we will get to work immediately on your case!
Car Accident Statistics
Car wrecks are common in our state, especially in Hartford. According to the Connecticut Crash Data Repository, Hartford saw the following collisions in 2020:
- 5,526 crashes involving 14,439 people
- 18 fatal accidents
- 82 suspected serious injuries
- 689 suspected minor injuries
- 857 with possible injuries
For a city with only 130,000, this is a high number of collisions. Many of those with suspected minor injuries will probably experience serious pain and require medical assistance, while those with “serious” injuries might need surgery.
How Car Accidents Occur
Car accidents can happen anywhere in Hartford. Most collisions happen at intersections involving two cars colliding. This is not surprising. Traffic is congested at red lights and stop signs, and many motorists do not understand the rules of the road, so they might refuse to yield.
Other collisions happen in parking lots, on side streets, and on the open highway. Wherever accidents happen, we need to understand who is responsible.
Most collisions are caused by negligence, which is the failure to drive with sufficient care. Some examples include:
- Making an illegal U-turn
- Failing to yield
- Driving on the sidewalk
- Running a red light
- Driving while distracted
- Drowsy driving
- Chemical impairment, including drunk driving
Fortunately, all drivers in Connecticut should have liability insurance when they register their vehicles. Anyone hurt by a negligent driver can submit a claim to that driver’s insurer and seek compensation for medical care, car damage, and wage loss.
Who is Liable for this Accident?
At Tehrani Law Group, we perform investigations to uncover who is liable for the crash. This is a contested issue in some accidents, so we sift through all relevant data and physical evidence to better understand what happened.
We can usually hold the following responsible for your collision, depending on the facts:
- Negligent drivers
- Aggressive or reckless drivers
- Municipalities responsible for a dangerous road
- Mechanics for performing substandard car repairs
- Rental companies if you are hit by a rental car
Many of these defendants might also claim you are partially or fully responsible for your accident. If so, they can minimize the amount of money they pay to anyone hurt in the collision. In Connecticut, a victim’s contributory negligence will reduce their compensation in proportion to their percentage of fault. If they are more at fault than the defendants, then they cannot receive anything.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are traumatic and can leave motorists with permanent scars. Many injured drivers and their occupants end up at the hospital seeking treatment for:
- Cuts and lacerations—these injuries can leave unsightly scars but also get infected if not treated promptly.
- Nerve damage—a compressed nerve can cause constant pain and eventually die if not treated.
- Neck injuries—strains and sprains lead to whiplash, as well as damaged nerves and inflammation.
- Fractures—any bone could shatter and require the insertion of a plate or screws, but fractured ribs have many complications, including pneumonia.
- Chest injuries—a motorist could suffer a collapsed lung or contusion on their heart.
- Head injuries—traumatic brain injuries can lead to memory loss, impaired physical movement, and mood swings, whereas other brain injuries are potentially fatal if not treated swiftly.
- Back injuries—any spinal cord injury can lead to paralysis and other problems.
We also don’t want to overlook the emotional costs involved with car accidents. A large number end up suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and some develop a fear of riding in a vehicle.
Speak with a Hartford Car Accident Lawyer Today
Car accidents are frightful experiences. If you need legal help, or if you have questions about whether you can sue, please call Tehrani Law Group. No one suffering serious injuries should try to handle their own insurance claim, which will only result in frustration and possibly a low settlement. Instead, get the help you need from our experienced car accident lawyer. Schedule a consultation with us or call (860) 261-6770.