East HaddamCar Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Involved in an East Haddam Car Wreck? Call Us!
When two cars collide, innocent people can suffer life-altering injuries. In East Haddam, car wrecks are a common sight. Some people are hurt trying to get to work or school or when running errands. Others are injured when pulling into the city to visit family and friends or do business with local clients. If you were hurt in a car accident, you probably have many questions. Can you sue? Who will pay your bills? The state’s insurance system is confusing, and few people understand when circumstances allow them to sue for a crash. Please call Tehrani Law Group today. Our East Haddam car accident attorney can discuss your accident in a free consultation.
Car Accident Statistics
According to the Crash Data Repository, East Haddam has experienced:
- 231 crashes between 2020 and 2023, involving 323 vehicles
- 459 people involved in these collisions
- 14 people suffered a suspected serious injury
- 85 people suffered a suspected minor injury
- 5 fatalities in these three years
For a town with fewer than 10,000 residents, these are a significant number of car accidents.
Types of Car Accidents in East Haddam
No two car accidents are precisely the same. Nonetheless, we see some general types of car accidents in East Haddam:
- Intersection accidents—two cars collide at an intersection, usually because one runs a red light or fails to stop in time.
- Parking lot collisions—cars can collide in parking lots when one driver hits the brakes suddenly or reverses out of a parking spot without using their mirrors.
- Rollovers—a car can flip over when it trips on something, such as loose gravel on the side of the road.
- T-bones—one car can drive straight into the side of another, causing serious injuries.
- Drunk driving collisions—an impaired driver is more prone to speed, run a red, or fail to take defensive action.
- Head-on collision—two cars can smash directly into each other, often after one driver falls asleep.
What Causes Car Accidents?
Driver error is probably the #1 cause of accidents. A motorist will drive carelessly and end up crossing the dividing line or plowing straight into a car in front of it. Legally, we call this carelessness negligence, and there are many examples:
- Distracted driving
- Following too closely
- Failure to use mirrors or turn signals
- Illegal turns and U-turns
- Driving too fast for conditions
Other causes include intoxication or drug impairment, as well as driving while fatigued. These drivers often make critical errors which compromise public safety.
Other accidents stem from defects with the car or even the road. For example, an unfixed pothole could force a motorist to lose control, leading to a collision. Or a faulty tire could explode and render a vehicle completely uncontrollable. Our lawyers can help investigate what ultimately led to your crash.
Financial Compensation Should Be Fair
At Tehrani Law Group, our East Haddam car accident lawyer can speak to eyewitnesses to the crash. We might also look at photographs of the scene. Once we identify the at-fault party, we can make a claim for:
- Economic damages, such as lost income, property damage, car damage, medical bills, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Non-economic damages, including pain, suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life.
- Punitive damages, if the driver violated your rights intentionally or with reckless or wanton indifference.
Typical Car Accident Settlements
The settlements we obtain for clients range from $5,000 for minor injuries all the way up to $100,000+ for more serious injuries. There really is no “typical” or “average” settlement. Instead, we want to dive in and look at how much your medical care has cost and whether you can work.
Major injuries also tend to cause more pain and disruption, and compensation for pain and suffering often makes up a considerable portion of any settlement.
Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are traumatic. When a vehicle collides with another car or stationary object, their bodies suffer intense force, which can lead to serious injuries:
- Spinal column injuries
- Lacerations or abrasions
- Chest injuries
- Head injuries
- Should injuries
Bringing a Claim for Compensation after a Car Accident
Our legal team has the experience you need to hold the at-fault party legally accountable for your crash. We have sought compensation from:
- Negligent drivers
- Employers, if the driver was working when they hit you
- Car manufacturer for defects
- Tire manufacturer for defective tires
- Municipalities when a road defect contributes to a crash
Suing these entities is complicated. For example, if a road defect contributed to a crash, you’ll probably need to sue the city. Although Connecticut’s cities are generally immune from lawsuits, the state has made exceptions that might apply to your case.
We Can Help with Any Personal Injury Case
Tehrani Law Group handles more than car accidents. We have also built a reputation helping innocent people in East Haddam bring claims for:
- Truck accidents—we have helped motorists struck by large commercial trucks, like 18 wheelers and semis, in underride, override, and jackknife accidents.
- Bus accidents—anyone struck by a bus or injured as a passenger should check whether they can seek compensation for their injuries.
- Motorcycle collisions—motorcyclists are struck by negligent drivers all over East Haddam, but especially near intersections and on Route 9.
- Pedestrian accidents—pedestrians are often hit by negligent drivers while crossing the street or walking on the side of the road.
- Dog bites—thousands of people are bitten each year, and Connecticut gives victims the right to sue the dog owner and possibly others.
- Premises liability accidents—anyone injured in a business or on private property should meet with us to review whether they can sue. Common accidents involve fires, electrocution, swimming pools, slip and falls, trip and falls, and falling merchandise.
- Negligent security—businesses owe their customers a duty to use reasonable security measures depending on the history of crime in the area.
Call Our East Haddam Car Accident Lawyer for More Information
During this difficult time, you need the guidance of an experienced attorney. Please call Tehrani Law Group today to schedule a free consultation, (880) 261-6770. We never charge a fee for our services unless we win your case, and we are eager to discuss your legal options in a confidential meeting.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible