CONNECTICUTTruck Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Representing Victims of Trucking Accidents Across Connecticut
Of all motor vehicle accidents, those involving trucks are some of the most serious. Commercial vehicles like 18-wheelers and semi-trucks are large and heavy, and they cause devastation when they collide on the road. The lives of many accident victims are permanently changed following a collision with a large commercial truck.
At Tehrani Law Group, our Connecticut truck accident lawyer can step in and help anyone with a legal claim for an accident. Our law firm can collect evidence, value your claim, and negotiate with the at-fault parties, but only if you contact us as soon as possible.
We Assist with All Types of Truck Accident Claims
We are willing to assist anyone hurt in a crash involving:
- Tractor trailers
- Moving vans
- Sanitation vehicles
- Cement trucks
- Tow trucks
- Box trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Flatbed trucks
We have helped those injured in head-on collisions as well as rollovers and blown tire accidents. Contact us to find out more about how we can help your specific case.
Fair Compensation for Serious Injuries
Truck accidents can cause life-altering injuries in a matter of seconds. Many people end up being raced to the emergency room in an ambulance, and they might stay in the intensive care unit for days. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Neck Injuries: cervical fracture, whiplash, and compressed nerves.
- Back Injuries: herniated discs, pulled muscles, spinal stenosis, and other injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: impaired sensation or movement and complete paralysis.
- Head Injuries: traumatic brain injury, hemorrhage, and skull fractures.
- Chest Injuries: fractured ribs, chest contusions, and punctured lungs.
These injuries are very expensive to treat. Many people are stuck at home or in the hospital, unable to move. They lose out on income and have other expenses, such as childcare expenses. Because they are not working, they feel intense financial stress following a wreck.
Fortunately, our Connecticut truck accident lawyer can seek compensation for:
- Medical care
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Future losses, including medical care and loss of earning capacity
Bringing a Lawsuit for Compensation
To receive compensation, we need to identify who is at fault for your truck accident. We can then bring a claim on their insurance or sue them in court. The person you sue will depend on the situation, but we usually sue:
- Truckers for negligence or recklessness, including being impaired, fatigued, or distracted.
- Trucking companies for being negligent in the hiring, supervision, and training of their truckers. Under Connecticut law, an employer is also liable when one of their employees hurts someone in the course of their job.
- Municipalities if the road hazard contributed to a crash.
- Loading companies, when unbalanced loads contribute to a rollover, jackknife, or other crash.
- Mechanics for negligent repairs or failure to identify defects with a truck.
- Truck manufacturers for selling dangerous and defective products.
Most cases require a detailed investigation into what went wrong. Although it’s easy to blame the trucker, he might have operated the rig carefully. Instead, the brakes could have failed or road conditions might have been dangerous. At Tehrani Law, we fully gather all relevant information and look for clues to determine fault.
Some challenges confront accident victims. If you need to sue a municipality, for example, you must provide appropriate notice of your claim. Let our legal team do this for you.
Because this is a dangerous industry, the government has passed numerous regulations. Some of the more significant impacts:
- Hours of service. Truckers can only drive so many hours each day and a week before they must take mandatory rest periods.
- Cell phone use. Hand-held devices are illegal to use while driving, but hands-free devices are okay. Even hands-free devices can cause distraction, however.
- Drug testing. Trucking companies must test their drivers before making an employment offer. They also must continually test at random or after certain accidents.
- Mandatory physicals. To ensure safety, the government requires regular physical exams to confirm a trucker is healthy enough to avoid a catastrophic accident while behind the wheel.
These and other regulations are constantly under attack. Indeed, the trucking industry tries to loosen regulations to improve profitability, which compromises public safety.
Call Our Connecticut Truck Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in an accident, reach out to Tehrani Law Group today. We are committed to the safety and well-being of our clients, and we will dedicate ourselves completely to your case. It is possible to get compensation from a negligent trucker or other entity. We provide free initial case consultations and will help you understand your legal options when pursuing a truck accident claim.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible