GlastonburyPedestrian Accident Attorney
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Injured Pedestrians Should Fight for Compensation
Pedestrians are at grave risk every time they step onto a sidewalk or cross an intersection. The sad reality is that many motorists are not paying attention or might even become angry that they need to stop to allow a pedestrian to cross the street. We see many serious injuries when pedestrians are struck at high speeds. Unlike motorcyclists and bicyclists, however, pedestrians are not wearing a helmet.
At Tehrani Law Group, our legal team can represent anyone injured in a pedestrian accident. We can bring a legal claim for compensation to hold the at-fault motorist accountable for their careless or reckless behavior. Contact us now.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
Each accident is unique, but we have seen some common factors at play in most pedestrian crashes:
- Distracted Driving: Too many drivers are looking at cell phones when they should be focused on the road. Other sources of distraction include pets, food, or even the car radio.
- Impaired Driving: Drugs and alcohol can seriously impair a driver’s critical faculties. A driver high on cocaine might try to beat a red light but instead slam into a pedestrian.
- Reckless Driving: A driver who doesn’t have regard for the safety of others could drive on the sidewalk, run a red light, or cut too close to a pedestrian.
- Driver Fatigue: A tired driver could fall asleep or nod off briefly. Before they know it, they have crashed into a pedestrian in an intersection or on the side of the road.
- Lack of Road Markings: A driver might not know that a pedestrian crossing is up ahead because of the lack of markings.
- Poor Visibility: Inclement weather and darkness can make it hard for drivers to see. The city or state should install lights near intersections, but many local governments lack the funds.
Assigning Fault for a Pedestrian Accident in Glastonbury?
Pedestrian accidents are like car crashes. We must establish fault before deciding who pays compensation. If the driver is at fault, then an injured pedestrian should make a claim for compensation on the driver’s insurance policy to receive compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. If a motorist is not at fault, then they are not required by pay compensation.
If a government agency is at fault for a dangerous road, then we can help our clients make a claim on the appropriate agency. There are important deadlines to meet. In some cases, a pedestrian could have contributed to their own accident. For example, a pedestrian might have been jaywalking when they were struck. In Connecticut, pedestrians can still sue for compensation so long as they are not more at fault for the crash than the driver. Our attorney will carefully examine all evidence and analyze how fault should be assessed.
Speak with Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Today
After a crash, pedestrians are often in intense pain and cannot do the legwork necessary to bring an effective claim. Tehrani Law Group can help. Contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation at a time that works for you. From our Glastonbury office, we proudly serve the people of Newington, Avon, South Windsor, Rocky Hill, New Britain, Bloomfield, Windsor, Kensington, Berlin, Bolton.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible