Glastonbury Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Representing Motorcycle Accident Victims in Glastonbury
We Help Victims Injured in Glastonbury Motorcycle Accidents
Riding a motorcycle is increasingly popular in Glastonbury. Some of our neighbors ride a bike for their daily commute to work or school, while others like to strap on some goggles and enjoy the fresh air and Glastonbury’s scenery, especially along the Connecticut River during summer.
Unfortunately, many bikers end up in the hospital after a devastating accident. Tehrani Law Group can help. Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Glastonbury can swing into action to build a case for compensation if you reach out to us today.
Common Motorcycle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions: Many motorists fail to brake in time and smash into the back of a bike, especially one stopped at a red light. Unfortunately, lane splitting is not legal.
- Head-On Collision: A distracted, drunk, or fatigued driver could drift into your lane and crash into you head on. These accidents are often fatal.
- Left-Turn Accident: A common accident involves a driver hanging out in an intersection to make a left-hand turn. However, the driver never sees a motorcyclist coming through the intersection and pulls into them.
- Open-Door Collisions: A passenger in a parked car could open a door, which a motorcyclist riding close to the shoulder will hit.
- Sideswipes: Some drivers get too close when trying to pass, and they can strike the side of a bike.
- Road Defects: Any road defect could upend a motorcycle. Many Connecticut roads have giant potholes due to our harsh winters. A motorcycle could flip when it hits one.
Motorcycle Accidents Cause Painful InjuriesA motorcyclist is incredibly vulnerable to serious injuries in a crash. They could suffer a direct blow to their body, or they might be thrown from their bike and skid along the asphalt. We have seen some terrible injuries:
- Fractures: Any bone in the body could break due to the impact of a collision. Our clients can fracture their arm, leg, or pelvis.
- Road Rash: Exposed skin can suffer a friction burn when it rubs against the road. Road rash is difficult to treat and can become infected, requiring antibiotics and possibly skin grafts.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): Helmets can reduce the risk of head trauma but cannot completely eliminate it. A TBI can leave a biker with impaired movement, memory, or cognition. Some TBIs can leave someone in a coma for weeks or months.
- Back injuries: A person can wrench their back and suffer a strain or sprain. They could also fracture their vertebrae or displace one of their discs.
- Chest injuries: A fractured rib can cause many problems, including pneumonia or a punctured lung. A heart contusion could be fatal.
- Spinal cord damage: Any injury to the cord could lead to paralysis or impaired sensation and be impossible to treat.
Please go immediately to the hospital following a crash. Some injuries might only manifest after a delay of a day or two, but you will benefit from prompt treatment.