CONNECTICUTBicycle Accident Lawyer
Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
Fighting For Victims of Bicycle Accidents in Hartford County, Tolland County, and New London County
Riding a bicycle is a sensible method of transportation, as well as an enjoyable form of exercise. With rising gas prices, we aren’t surprised to see more people moving about on two-wheels. Unfortunately, bicycles are not immune from accidents, and cyclists can suffer some of the most horrifying injuries in a crash.
At Tehrani Law Group, we advocate for the rights of injured cyclists, regardless of your age. If you are a seasoned cyclist or just learning to ride on two wheels, we can help you. Call to schedule a free consultation with our Connecticut bicycle accident lawyer. We represent bicycle accident victims in Hartford County, Tolland County, and New London County.
Serious Bicycle Injuries
Collisions or wrecks can lead to significant, painful injuries. In fact, statistics show that around 350,000 people suffer bicycle injuries each year.
These injuries include:
- Road rash
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage
Because cyclists have little protection, these injuries are usually serious. Someone who suffers a direct blow from a motor vehicle could suffer rib fractures, a punctured lung, and whiplash. They often need an ambulance to take them from the scene.
Determining Fault for a Bicycle Accident in Connecticut
Under the law, the person or entity responsible for the accident should pay compensation to injured cyclists. In our experience, most accidents are caused by:
- Negligent motorists. A driver can clip or cut off a cyclist because of distracted driving, fatigue, failure to yield, carelessness, or intoxication. Cell phone use is also a serious problem, and some motorists crunch bicyclists because of distractions from reading or sending texts.
- Property owners. You could have been injured when hitting a pothole in a parking lot or on someone’s driveway. Negligent property owners will fail to remove snow and ice in a timely manner, which could make the property owner liable for a crash.
- Municipalities. Many road defects cause bicycle accidents, including crumbling shoulders, potholes, and uneven roads. The municipality responsible for the road might be liable for your crash.
- Bike manufacturers or rental companies. The bike could be defective, which contributed to your accident. You might sue the manufacturer for a defect or a rental company if they didn’t perform proper maintenance on their bicycles.
Connecticut recognizes contributory negligence. An injured cyclist can recover compensation so long as they are not more at fault than the defendants. Any defendant will only need to pay compensation based on their proportion of fault.
Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident
To protect your rights, please do the following:
- Get out of harm’s way. You might have fallen on the road. Try to get to the shoulder for safety. Assist anyone else to safety as well.
- Call the police. Although the motorist is legally obligated to call, you should call, too. Report the accident, and an officer will probably come out to the scene.
- Document your accident. You might take pictures of the car that struck you with your phone. Also photograph where your bike came to rest and any objects you hit, like a fire hydrant or tree.
- Gather information. You should request the driver’s name, insurance, registration, and contact information. You can share your personal information, too. Speak to any witnesses and ask for a method of contact in case your attorney wants to speak to them.
- Get medical help. You should receive medical treatment promptly following a wreck.
If you follow these steps, you should improve your odds of a favorable settlement. Contact Tehrani Law Group today to find out what other steps you should take to protect your legal rights.
Compensation for Your Bicycle Accident
An injured cyclist should request compensation for their damages, including:
- Medical treatment
- Lost income or wages
- Physical pain
- Emotional or mental distress
- Damage to bicycle and other property
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
An experienced Connecticut bicycle accident lawyer can help fully evaluate your damages. For example, we can compile medical bills and records, income statements or paystubs, and other helpful information. We can then negotiate a favorable settlement to cover the costs of your accident.
If a loved one, unfortunately, died in the crash, then surviving family members might have a right to file a wrongful death claim. This is a special type of lawsuit with its own deadlines. A bicycle accident attorney is a big help in analyzing whether you can sue in the first place and, if so, what evidence you will need.
Read our case study about our client, a bicyclist, who sustained a significant injury from a truck driver and received thousands of dollars in compensation.
Reach Out to Our Connecticut Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicycle accidents have long-term negative effects, and they make returning to normal life extremely difficult. Contact Tehrani Law Group today for assistance. We will vigorously pursue your best interests and seek compensation for your injuries. We offer a free consultation to those hurt in bicycle wrecks.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible