A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a serious injury that can change your life. It is imperative that injured victims get the right medical care as well as the full financial support that they need. At Tehrani Law Group, LLC, our CT brain injury attorney is a compassionate, experienced, and justice-focused advocate for the victims and families that need help the most.
With the professional expertise and tenacity needed to take on the full range of traumatic brain injury cases, we hold negligent defendants and big insurance companies accountable for paying claims. Suffered a concussion or TBI in Connecticut? Contact our CT brain injury lawyer today for a free, no obligation consultation.
A Suspected Brain Injury Requires Prompt, Comprehensive Medical Care
A suspected brain injury necessitates immediate and thorough medical attention. Damage to the brain is potentially life-altering. Timely intervention can significantly mitigate negative outcomes. The initial assessment, appropriate diagnostic tests, swift treatment, and comprehensive—and fully personalized—follow-up care are all essential components of the process of managing and recovering from a suspected brain injury. It is crucial to seek out specialized professionals in neurology and neurosurgery to optimize care and recovery chances.
Know the Signs and Symptoms of a Brain Injury
Brain injuries are notoriously challenging to diagnose. Depending on the specific nature and severity of the impact, TBIs can manifest themselves in a wide variety of different ways. All signs of a concussion should be followed up on after a person suffers any type of blow to the head. Knowing the signs and symptoms of a brain injury is essential. Watch out for the following:
- Headache: Frequent or persistent headaches, especially those accompanied by nausea or dizziness, can be a sign of a brain injury.
- Loss of Consciousness: If an individual loses consciousness, even for a brief period, it may indicate a significant brain injury.
- Short-Term Memory Problems: Difficulty recalling recent events or forming new memories may be indicative of a brain injury.
- Confusion or Disorientation: Experiencing confusion, disorientation, or feeling “foggy” after a head injury is a concerning symptom.
- Sensory Problems: Problems with vision, hearing, taste, or smell can indicate a brain injury.
- Balance and Coordination Issues: Difficulty with balance, coordination, or motor skills can be a sign of a brain injury.
Holding the At-Fault Party Legally Responsible for a Brain Injury
Who is responsible for a traumatic brain injury in CT? It depends on a wide range of different factors, including what happened and why it happened. For this reason, it is imperative that all serious accidents are carefully, thoroughly investigated. Our CT brain injury attorney is always ready to hit the ground running—seizing on the evidence needed to prove fault and establish liability.
For most traumatic brain injury claims in CT, proving negligence is a pivotal aspect of holding the at-fault party accountable. Among other things, this part of the process involves demonstrating that the responsible party had a duty of care towards the victim, breached that duty, and as a result, caused the brain injury. As part of a brain injury claim, you may rely on medical evidence and expert testimonies to establish a clear link between the negligent actions of the defendant(s) and your injury.
Recovering Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury in Connecticut
Did you or a family member sustain a significant brain injury in an accident in Connecticut? You do not have to take on the defendant or insurance company alone. At Tehrani Law Group, LLC, our CT brain injury attorney works tirelessly to help victims and families secure the absolute maximum compensation—whether through a settlement or a judgment. You may be entitled to recover monetary damages for the following types of losses:
- Property damage, including vehicle repairs;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Rehabilitative mental/physical support services;
- Lost wages and loss of earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term or permanent disability/impairment; and
- Loss of life enjoyment.
Set Up a Free Case Review With Our Top-Rated CT Brain Injury Lawyer Today
At Tehrani Law Group, LLC, our CT brain injury attorney is standing by, ready to go the extra mile to fight for your rights. If you or your loved one sustained a TBI, we are here as a resource. Call us now at (860) 261-6770 or contact us online for a free, no obligation review of your case. With an office in Glastonbury, we handle traumatic brain injury cases throughout all of Connecticut.