Motor Vehicle Accident
Motor Vehicle Accident
Our Practice Areas
Dog Bite Injuries
– L.Owen, Former Client
“Mr. Tehrani is a fantastic attorney. I had a complicated small claims case for which he provided very sound and timely legal advice. He took the time to understand all of the intricate details and was able to help me achieve an even better outcome than I thought was possible. He is incredibly responsive, a tireless advocate, and his representation is truly invaluable. He will always be my go-to attorney. I feel a little badly for folks on the other side — they don’t stand a chance with Mr. Tehrani on your team!”
Put our experience to work for youBOOK A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
What You Need to Know About Your Rights After a Bicycle Accident
Riding a bicycle is a terrific source of exercise and a low-cost option for getting around town. Sadly, many bicyclists confront serious hazards while out on the road. These hazards come in the form of dangerous roads and sidewalks, as well as aggressive drivers.
At Tehrani Law Group, we seek compensation for anyone hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence. Contact our firm today to learn more. Our Glastonbury bicycle accident attorney has the experience you need to get your medical and other expenses paid.
Driver Error & Bicycle Accidents
Cyclists must share the road with many motorists who are too aggressive or careless with their driving habits. We have seen many clients injured due to:
- Failure to yield
- Distracted driving
- Driving and texting
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Passing too closely
- Failure to check blind spots
- Right on red turns
If a motorist strikes you or forces you from the road, you should seek compensation by making a claim on their insurance policy.
Sometimes a road defect or hazard contributes to a crash. Sadly, some roads in Glastonbury and surrounding areas need repairs. Potholes, debris, uneven roads, and sharp drop-offs all conspire to topple an unwary cyclist. When a road defect causes a crash, we can seek compensation from the entity responsible for the road. Generally, this is the municipal government, or it might be a contractor.
Bicycle Accident Injuries
Cyclists are totally exposed while riding and can suffer serious injuries in a crash. Our clients often struggle to overcome from some of the worst injuries imaginable:
- Skin Abrasions or “Road Rash”: Any exposed skin rubbing along asphalt can peel back or get torn completely off. Our clients often need skin grafts to cover exposed wounds.
- Fractures: Cyclists can break their arms, legs, or pelvic bone. Rib fractures also have serious complications.
- Arm and shoulder injuries. Landing on an arm can cause serious nerve damage, which might require months of rehab to regain strength and eliminate numbness or pain in the hands or arm.
- Head Injuries: Some common head injuries are skull fracture, intracranial bleeding, and concussion.
- Neck Injuries: A fracture in the neck is called a cervical fracture and can cause weakness, pain, and paralysis.
- Back Injuries: Our clients can dislodge discs or fracture vertebrae in a bicycle crash. Any injury can also narrow the spinal column, putting pressure on nerves.
- Paralysis: In extreme cases, damage to the spinal cord leads to a loss of sensation and/or movement. Paralysis is often permanent.
At Tehrani Law Group, we are passionate advocates for public safety. Although we happily represent injured victims in lawsuits, we also promote safety with the hopes of reducing the odds of a crash. If you want to enjoy cycling as a hobby or your primary mode of transportation, we recommend the following steps:
- Choose an appropriate bicycle. It’s dangerous to ride a bicycle that’s too small or too large. Seniors should look into a reclining bicycle, which they might find more comfortable.
- Wear a helmet. Connecticut requires helmets for those under 16, but it’s a wise safety choice for cyclists of any age.
- Stand out from the crowd. Many motorists claim they can’t see cyclists, which is why they drive too close. You can stand out by wearing a bright jacket or helmet.
- Avoid rush hour traffic, if possible. Admittedly, you might not have a choice when you ride. But if you do, avoid congestion.
- Wear pants and long sleeves. Yes, it’s hot in the summer. By covering up skin prevents some terrible abrasions and infections if you fall.
- Watch for right on red turns. Many motorists “roll through” a stop when making a right on red turn and they can slam directly into you. Bicyclists must be on high alert in these situations.
Contact Our Glastonbury Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
Bicycle accidents are challenging for anyone of any age to recover from. Fortunately, Tehrani Law Group can help. We will explain your legal rights in a free consultation and get to work immediately if you hire us. Call or send us an online message today.
Connecticut's Personal Injury Attorney
tehrani law group
REACH OUT NOW
With our free consultations, you are able to get an idea of your claim, speak with our experienced attorneys, and know that your case will be in good hands.
Below, you can schedule a consultation with an attorney at our firm, you can fill out a form and we’ll reach out to you as soon as possible